Teens in Action is a high-energy, video-based program for ages 11-16. Developed over a period of five years and revamped in 2012, the program teaches important life skills while helping teens understand the dangers of risky behavior, such as alcohol and drug abuse.
Addresses issues important to today’s teens
Teens may act like they know it all, but they are full of questions and are eager to learn how to succeed in the adult world. Teens in Action is a fun way to help them understand changes in their bodies and brains, communicate in a mature way with adults and others, develop skills for resisting negative peer pressure, and learn techniques for peaceful conflict resolution.
This action-packed program is designed for use with teens and preteens alone. Your kit comes with many of the components necessary to “upgrade” to a parent/teen combo class when you’re ready.
Teach teens these powerful skills in just six 2-hour sessions:
- 5 key qualities of character
- Understanding parents
- Your brain on adolescence
- The power of choice
- School success
- Challenges of teen life: drugs, sexuality and violence
- The Spiral of Success
- Communication: the road to cooperation
- Responsibility and freedom
- The voice of discipline
- Understanding and accepting consequences
- Courage and self-esteem
- The Think-Feel-Do Cycle
- Turn discouragement into encouragement
- Getting past power struggles
- 10 risk-prevention strategies for teens
- Negative vs. positive influences
- Talking about sexuality
- Tobacco, alcohol, and other drugs
- Bullying & relationship violence
- Peer pressure
- Confronting high-risk behavior
Downloadable Flyer to promote your group.