This video-based program is perfect for new parents and early childhood staff training. It addresses basic parenting skills, including non-violent discipline techniques that really work.
What’s so great about this new program for parents of children from ages birth to 5?
Introducing comprehensive classes for parents of children from birth to age 5. The first five years of parenting! Active Parenting: First Five Years is the all-new revision of our popular 1,2,3,4 Parents parenting program.
Here’s what you’ll love about the Active Parenting: First Five Years program
- Flexible design allows you to lead a class of 1, 3, or 4 sessions
- Easy-to-read Parent’s Guide
- Video available embedded in PowerPoint…or on DVDs—your choice!
- A special session dedicated to school readiness and parent engagement
- Evidence of effectiveness and research tools
- And, of course, the same effective Active Parenting method that has helped millions of families in the past 35 years!
SESSION I – You and Your Child: Styles of parenting, ages and stages of development, building a bond with your child, the method of choice
SESSION II – Preventing Problems: Your child’s beautiful brain, using nonviolent discipline, the “A-C-T” of parenting
SESSION III – Encouraging Positive Behavior: The power of encouragement, choices and consequences, caring for the caregiver
SESSION IV – Preparing for School Success: 6 smart things parents can do to help young children get ready for school