Do you need academic research to back up your grant proposal? Several Active Parenting programs have been selected for study by academics and other professionals. The papers presenting those results are available here.
Active Parenting programs listed on SAMHSA’s Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices (NREPP)
We are proud to announce that three of our most popular programs have been listed on the National Registry of Evidence-Based Programs and Practices (NREPP). This registry is part of a national government organization SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration), and inclusion in the registry is a well-respected benchmark for programs and practices that effectively reduce use and abuse of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs. We are especially pleased to share this news with the many educators and organizations who are required to use NREPP-listed programs, and who have been waiting patiently for Active Parenting to earn a place on the list. Your wait is over!
The programs listed on NREPP are:
- Active Parenting 4th Edition
- Active Parenting of Teens (included with Families in Action)
See the reports!
Please visit the NREPP web site to read the complete report on these programs. To see the listings:
- Go to the SAMHSA/NREPP web site (http://www.nrepp.samhsa.gov/)
- Click Find Interventions.
- In the search field, type Parenting and hit return.
- The Active Parenting programs should be at or near the top of the search results list. Click the program name to see a report on the program evaluation.